Spar Shipping has a fleet of 5 ships, each of different capacity and sizes. The company is based in Nyhavn, and solve any task of transport of people at sea.
Landlubbers as well as sea dogs ... whether you are a sailor or not, with Spar Shipping all are welcome aboard. We offer great flexibility and have a high expertise when it comes to transportation on Øresund.
Spar Shipping Ltd. was founded in 1991 as an extension of the two companies "Øby" and "Langø". Since then the fleet has been expanded with M/V Bjørnsholm, M/V Skipper and good old M/V Jeppe. Since 1984 we have provided ferry services to Flakfortet and later also to Middelgrundsfortet.
The company arranges events at sea, private charter, arrangements of any art as well as fishing on the Øresund. Spar Shipping was behind the cooperation of VisitHven and started with great success the route from Copenhagen to the Swedish island of Hven with M/V Jeppe. The company has over the years solved a myriad of tasks of various kinds, including:
- Various ferry services around Denmark
- Assisted in the construction of the Great Belt and the Øresund Bridge
- Sailed windmill trips to Middelgrunden, Lillegrund and the Great Belt
- Assisted with Volvo Ocean Race in 2006 and 2015 in Gothenburg
- Sailing for Cunard Line at the Queen Elizabeth 2 visits to ‘Reden’ outside Copenhagen
- Provided ship for ‘folkemødet’ on Bornholm
The company was founded by Finn Lyng Madsen in 1991. Today the company is owned by Kirsten Rønn Madsen and Keld Øby Jensen, and is operated with a staff of loyal and talented employees.
You are welcome to contact us for a quote. If we cannot solve the problem, we most likely know someone who can!